Well I landed in Ankara, Turkey 25 hours ago. What a whirlwind few days it's been. I am beyond tired and really overwhelmed right now. My brain and senses are in overdrive. I think it is going to be a good experience for me- both personally and professionally. I am not nearly as scared or nervous as I was in April 2007 when I went to Korea. I did it alone then and I can do it alone this time. Some things I have noticed this time around:
1. I did a better pack, even though the time constraints were similar to those before I moved to Korea
2. I don't stand out as much here as I did in Korea. I am not such an obvious foreigner here.
3. I have a better idea(although not great today) at guessing what I am ordering in a restaurant.
4. The TV shows and commericals here baffle my mind as much, if not more, as the ones in Korea did. I am currently watching, what I hope is a commercial full of little boys playing soccer(or football for the Brits) and one team is dressed as Spiderman and the other team is dressed as Batman.
5. I did not arrive in Turkey with an ear infection- so I can actually HEAR! Thats a good thing!
Well I am going to bed. My body is slowly crapping out on me right now.